A pitch or pitch shot, usually played with a highly lofted club like a pitching or sand wedge, is designed to go a short distance with a high ball flight to land softly on the green.
Here are some basic fundamentals to help you become a better short game player.
1. Stance is narrow and open
2. Weight favors the target foot
3. Hands, arms, and shoulders form a triangle with the hands ahead of the ball at address position
4. Hinge your wrists on the backswing
5. Weight is retained on target foot
6. Accelerate your swing on the downswing, keep hands moving
7. Keep your target side firm as you finish swing
8. Distance determines the length of the swing