3:22 min Modified Hip Stretches
Individual Flexibility Exercises • 3m 22s
Lizard Pose and Hamstring Stretch are an excellent way to improve flexibility in the hip flexors, hamstrings and quadriceps.
Integrating these exercises into your daily routine improves hip flexibility and strengthens the leg muscles.
Modified Lizard Pose and Hamstring Stretch on Slope-
1. Get down on all fours next to your Slope
2. Place one foot forward in a modified runners' lunge
4. Lengthen the other leg behind you as you place your back foot flat
5. Place your hands on the Slope for support
6. Hold position for at 30 seconds feeling stretch in hip flexor, quad and ankles
9. To intensify the stretch, lower down to your elbows on the Slope
10. Then straighten the front leg and flex foot to feel a stretch in the hamstring.
11. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds
12 Repeat on opposite side
Up Next in Individual Flexibility Exercises
1 min-Calf Stretch
If you play a lot of golf, you end up walking a great deal and this can tighten up your calf muscles. Doing a simple calf stretch on a daily basis could help you prevent injury.
Stand in a splint lunge position with your front leg bent and the back leg extended.
Press the heel of the back leg i...
1:36 min-Pilates Exercise for Better ...
If your tendency is to bob up and down, raise your head or lift your arms and shoulders as you swing back, you will end up changing your spine angle in your backswing. This will cause you to hit thin shots or even top the ball.
Ideally, you want to keep your head at the same level throughout yo...
1-minute Elongate Stretch for Back an...
As golfers we spend a lot of time hunched over, so it's important to do stretches that elongate the spine to counterbalance the ill affects of being hunched over for long periods of time.
Stand with feet together.
Simply interlace your fingers and stretch your arms above your head.
Keep your elb...